Excited for a new challenge at Le Havre!
Katriina signed a two-year contract with Le Havre AC of French top league Division 1 Féminine.
– I’m all excited! It’s nice to have a new challenge in my career and get to move clubs, Katriina says.
Le Havre are a big club with a 25 000-capacity stadium. Their men’s team made a return to Ligue 1 for the forthcoming season whereas the women’s team will start their second consecutive season in the top division.
– The club has big ambitions on both the men’s and the women’s side. They want to reach as high as possible in the league and be able to attract good players here. A lot of new girls have joined our team during this offseason, Katriina says.
– This club feels very professional. Ever since my first contact with Le Havre I noticed straight away that this is a big club.
At Le Havre Katriina, 22, is among two number one goalkeepers alongside the experienced Laëtitia Philippe, 32.
– My goal is to play. I know that the first season can be challenging, because there’s two of us fighting for that one spot in the team. They wanted to add a younger goalkeeper with national team experience who would be ready to play straight away. That’s definitely my goal.
Katriina is also happy to stay in France, where she has spent the last four years of her career, first with Olympique Lyonnais and then the previous two seasons with FC Fleury 91.
– I had a couple of options to return to Germany, but I ended up staying here in France. I’m very pleased about it and I know a lot of players here. This has been a good league and good country to live in.